How are you fueling your fun before coming in to Stretch with us? To celebrate National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day we thought we would share one of our favorite no bake recipes.
Gluten Free and Vegan No Bake Chocolate Chip Bites
Cook Time: 25 minutes (if that!)
• 2 ½ cups almond flour (finely ground style)
• ½ heaping tsp sea salt
• ½ tsp baking soda
• ½ cup melted coconut oil (we put ours in the microwave for 20 seconds!)
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• ½ cup maple syrup (high grade local syrup)
• 1 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
• ½ cup ground Oats (optional)
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk thoroughly
- Stir together wet ingredients in a small bowl. Mix the wet ingredients together until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients then add the chocolate chips
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Put the baking sheet into the freezer for 20 minutes. This allows the “dough” to set.
- After 20 minutes, remove baking sheet from freezer and store the bites in an air tight container. The bites can be stored in the fridge for up to a week. (Trust us, they were gone within a day!)
These no bake bites are AMAZING! They are the perfect snack to have on hand for when you are craving something sweet but don’t want to have a cookie loaded with sugar and empty calories.